Looking for ways to earn some money while sitting at home? Looking for decent returns from a minimal investment? Well, blogging is the right path for you.
Want Your Own Search Engine Optimization Position Site Like This? Click on this link
The Automated SEO Backlink Software
This is my third link
Once you start blogging, you will do way more than just earn money. You’ll be working on a flexible schedule that suits your routine, making friends from all over the globe, and updating your knowledge and skills. While all of this sounds attractive, you would first want to know how to start a blog, right?
Starting your own blog might sound like an arduous task at first, but it is a simple procedure that might just take you a little over 10 minutes.
To ensure better readability in this guide, we have distributed the article in a sequence of steps you can follow. Just follow these steps and you should be good to go.
How To Start A Blog Using Bluehost : Easy to Follow Guide
Step 1: Choose Your Webhost
You need to start the whole process by choosing a webhost for your blog. One of the recommended host by WordPress is Bluehost. Why? It’s because they offer multiple benefits and perks.
You should go for Bluehost because of the following reasons:
- Over 2 million users have their websites hosted by Bluehost. Many of the big names in the industry rely on Bluehost to keep their website up and running.
- Bluehost has a brilliant one-click installer that takes a simple click for you to set up your WordPress blog.
- You will be self-hosted.
- You can get a free domain name through Bluehost.
- Bluehost looks after your website and offers a free SSL certificate.
- Their support is the best among all hosting providers.
- They offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re not happy with their services.
Bluehost offers 60% discount on their hosting plans, Check for recent Discounts here
Step 2: Buy Your Hosting Package
Once you reach Bluehost’s website, you will have to click the Get Started button on the home page.
The home page will look something like this, and you will begin by clicking on the Get Started button.
On the next page, you will get a list of the different hosting plans available. Go through the plans and choose which out of these three you want to go for.
Once you have selected the hosting plan you are going for, Bluehost will ask you to select the domain name you want. The domain name will be the registered name of your website on the internet, so chose it with care.
Once you input your domain name, Bluehost will run an automated check to make sure whether that domain is available or not. If the domain name is unique, the server will most definitely offer a positive result in your favor.
With this result, you can actually go on and fill the rest of the information present on the page. Here, you would be asked about your payment and personal information.
In this form, you would also have the option to choose if you want to get any extra options, including site backup or domain privacy. While there’s no need for these extras, the ultimate decision is on you. Each one of these extras has its own benefits.
Step 3: Setup Your WordPress
By now, you’ve purchased your hosting package and domain name. You must now also have access to a cpanel of your own. The cpanel is basically a control panel for the webhosting account you have.
As soon as you enter the cpanel, you will see a bright message indicating that you can now allow Bluehost to have WordPress on your website for you.
Since there is a complicated process to follow here, we explain it to you in the bullet points below:
- First of all, start by finding the blue “Install WordPress” icon that you can see on your cpanel. This is your one-click installer to install WordPress on your website.
- Once you click on the button, you would be redirected to another webpage. On that webpage, you will see multiple options. Fill out these options and select a username and a password. Set a complicated username and a password, as anything run-of-the-mill can easily make you prone to cyberattacks. Don’t go for simple user names such as ‘admin’ or your own name. Also, when you have selected the username and password and typed them in, make sure that you write them on a piece of paper and keep them safe with you somewhere.
- Click on the install button once you are done, and the WordPress version of your website will be created immediately.
- Once you have created a WordPress version, you will get an email address, which you can use to login to your website, along with a password of your choice. This email and password will be necessary for regularly maintaining your website.
Step 4: Theme and Plug-ins
With a WordPress version ready, you can access the functionalities of WordPress to select a good theme for your website. WordPress allows you to browse through multiple free themes, with designs that best suit your interest. You can select a design and theme that you think is best suited for your interests.
Try different themes by being logged in to your WordPress account and clicking Appearance on the left-hand side column. You will now see plenty of options spring up in front of you. Select the option that best appeals to your interests and choose it as the theme for your WordPress site. WordPress also has some premium themes that cost a bit more but offer exclusivity for your website.
Once you have set the theme, you can use WordPress to install some helpful plug-ins. Plug-ins like the ones below can be helpful:
- Aksimet Anti-spam
- W3 Total Cache
- Wordfence security
- WP Forms Lite
- Easy Social Share Buttons
With all of this set, go over the website and experiment a little. Know what is in store within the brilliant world of WordPress and use it for the best results possible.
The post How to Start a Blog Using Bluehost – Install WordPress in just 10 minutes appeared first on BloggingTek.
This content was originally published here.